posted Jun 10, 2016, 11:17 AM by UOCC Admin
updated Apr 10, 2017, 10:28 AM
Thursday, April 20th is our JUNK WASTE curbside collection day. JUNK Waste is collected during the EVEN numbered months, on the third Thursday of that month.
“Junk Waste” is defined as items such as furniture, appliances, and other bulky material.
- No more than 8 cubic yards (about the size of a minivan) of Junk Waste or Tree Waste may be placed at the curb for collection.
- A maximum of four cubic yards of building material (not to include roofing shingles, brick, plaster or concrete) generated by the resident in connection with the maintenance of the residential property may be collected by Solid Waste Management Department crews.
- Appliances containing refrigerant must have a tag attached to them certifying a qualified technician has removed the refrigerant.
- The SWMD is not allowed to collect any material that was generated by contractors who were retained by a resident to perform work on his or her residential property. It is the responsibility of the contractor to remove all debris that may arise from the contractor's activities. These contractor-related activities include, but are not limited to: trimming and removal of trees, remodeling, new construction and roofing.
- If authorized items placed for collection are mixed with unauthorized items, department personnel shall not be obligated to sort the materials and may refuse the entire load.
Tree Waste is accepted during Junk Waste Months; however, to ensure your Tree Waste is recycled, you may hold your tree waste materials until the next Tree Waste designated month or take it to a Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Center.
In order to plan your tree trimming/removal and small scale home maintenance replacement/repair projects, please use the following large trash dates listed below to better schedule this work and the resulting types of waste:
Junk Waste months are February, April, June, August, October and December.
Tree Waste months are January, March, May, July, September, and November.